How To Wear It: Where we show you how to style those fabulous shoes! There’s always more than one way. We like to get creative and show you suggestions on how to wear the latest trends.
5 Ways to Style Lace-Up Heels:
Want to wear a pair of heels that are both fashionable and comfortable? Well the search is over, lace-up heels are equally both. This style has been around for over a decade now and is still managing to steal the spotlight! One of the main reasons being that lace-ups are versatile; you can style them with a dressy look or wear them with distressed denim to create an interesting contrast. You can easily pair them with anything and they will give that so-so outfit you’re wearing an instant boost of sophistication and style. If one shoe can step up your style game this season, it’s this one. From denim to dresses, work outfits or party looks, the lace-up has you covered! Here are 5 ways to style this trend!
1. If you’re going for a more casual look, whether you’re walking downtown or even just running to the grocery store, you should opt for a pair of lace-up sandals! These stylish shoes will amp up your outfit in no time, yet still keep it a little casual and relaxed. A pair of ‘Jakki’ Aldo lace-up sandals would go perfectly with some skinny jeans and a swingy blouse. Add a structured clutch to polish up your look.
2. The Steve Madden ‘Freemee’ ankle boots are killer. Whether worn in olive or black nubuck, these shoes are so chic it’s hard not to wear them all the time! We love these peep-toe booties because they go great with a pair of skinny jeans, an oversized cardigan or coat, and a cozy blanket scarf! This outfit is both stylish and comfortable!
3. Why wouldn’t you want to try this style at work? These fashionable yet comfortable heels are a must-have this spring! Try pairing the Liliana ‘Flight’ with white ankle pants, a printed blouse, and bold colored blazer to make you look flawless from head to toe.
4. Going for a more edgy look? We suggest you whip out your leather! These Nelly Bernal ‘Giovanni’ lace-up heels are definitely street style worthy! Put these bad boys on with a pair of faux leather pants, white t- shirt, leather jacket and a large satchel and you’ll be ready for a night on the town!
5. Spring and summer are right around the corner, so it won’t be much longer until you’re pulling out those jean shorts and skirts again! A helpful tip to elongate legs is choosing a nude colored shoe – this will make your legs seem as if they go on for miles! Check out the Liliana ‘Medusa’ gladiator sandal, they pair well with your favorite jean shorts! Top the look off with a denim button up and statement necklace.
Need A Valentine’s Look? Heels.com Has Got You Covered!
Valentine’s Day can be pretty stressful, when it comes to finding the perfect outfit for your special date night. That’s where we come in, from the perfect shoes to the perfect dress we are here to help you create a foolproof outfit that will be sure to turn some heads. The best style advice we have is to keep things simple, you can create a ‘knockout’ look in minutes with just a few key pieces.
TIP #1 Choose a neutral palette for your look, this can consist of black, beige, cream, gray or navy. Some may say that neutrals can be boring but it’s a nice alternative to the usual red dress seen on this particular holiday. Neutrals also make mixing and matching much easier, so go crazy! For our look we choose a classic little black dress. The mock neck & long sleeves give the dress a unique look that’s both sexy and sophisticated.
TIP #2 Now for the heels; this is where we wanted to add some fun texture and interest to the outfit. For your heels you want to select a pair that has fun embellishments like studs, fringe or jewels in a neutral hue. This will give your ensemble a unique edge and allow your personality to shine through. The heel should be sexy but not wild, stick to soft fabrics like suede and supple leather. Also a laced up ankle strap works great for this outfit and is the perfect balance between sexy and chic.
TIP #3 Last but not least, always have confidence. This is the key to the entire outfit, you have to feel great in your look so no matter what make sure you choose an outfit that makes you feel great!
SHOP THE TREND BELOW
How-To Wear Sneakers
Sneakers are trending, so it’s time to leave those heels at home and opt for something a little more comfortable. Sneakers are cool and simplistic, creating a unique and unexpected element to any outfit, dressy or casual.
Heels.com TOP 5 TIPS to master this trend
TIP #1 For a casual daytime look pair a basic pair of dark denim skinnies, tapered at the ankle are perfect for rocking the sneaker trend. If you’re wanting to be a bit more dressy just adjust the color palette and try sneakers teamed with an all-black ensemble. The real key is confidence anyone can pull off this trend if they are confident in what they’re wearing.
TIP #2 Simplicity is very important when styling your cool-girl look, especially if the sneakers are colorful or graphic. The key is to start with a neutral palette especially if you have never attempted this trend before.
TIP #3 You can wear them with a dress or skirt, just be careful of the length. In my opinion slip-ons work the best, especially for beginner sneaker stylists. These are easy to wear, super chic and go with anything, plus they look great in a leopard print!
TIP #4 Make sure you always cuff those pants and show your ankle a little, otherwise the look becomes sloppy. Since the sneakers are so casual you want to make sure the length and proportions of the denim are on point so your outfit is clean and balanced.
TIP #5 Don’t wear socks, or at least don’t let them show. This again adds an unneeded element to your ensemble which can make your cool-girl outfit appear sloppy.
SHOP THE TREND BELOW