As much as I would like to be a full time blogger wearing hot-to-trot heels around the ‘office’ (aka my couch), I work an 8:00 – 5:00 job that requires I look respectable in my high heels. With respect must also come comfort when you’re running around the office or trotting Uptown (as we Charlotteans like to call it) to grab a bite to eat or a mid-day coffee. So while I may appreciate hoofin’ around town in quirky, questionably work appropriate heels, my boss does not while I’m ‘on the clock.’ These heels will take you from head of the class to working class in 8 hours flat.
No one said work heels have to be boring! Try these bright blue GUESS Carrie heels and add a pop of color to your work ensemble:
Be a golden employee in this gold, peep-toe Geisha Pump by BCBGirls and a knee length pencil skirt:
Be a better business woman in this sophisticated stiletto by Boutique 9:
Black doesn’t have to be basic with this Carlos by Carlos Santana Roulette heel:
Put your heels to work with these tips:
1. Keep straps and embellishment to a minimum.
2. Color is okay as long as you keep the rest of your ensemble.
3. Save the sandals for the weekend.
4. Stay low with a heel less than 3 inches.
5. If you work in the fashion industry (or other acceptable, creative career), throw these rules out the window and wear your trendiest, quirkiest heels…and remember, I will be very jealous.